JOB POSTING - ACCEPTING INTERNAL & EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS SIMULTANEOUSLY
This position is now open for bidding. Regular employees wishing to be considered are asked to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
TITLE: AACUL Executive Director
LOCATION: 601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Suite 600, Washington, D.C.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Public Administration, Marketing, Finance/Accounting or equivalent work experience with 5 years of management responsibility in a credit union, financial institution or with a membership organization or like environment, providing chief level administrative direction. Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Strong time management, decision-making and research/analytical skills are important. Must be able to adapt to various work styles. Ability to handle multiple ongoing tasks with changing priorities in a fast paced environment. Must be detail-oriented and follow benchmark quality standards in all areas of work responsibilities. Must have the ability to travel 60 or more days per year.
• Provide chief executive level administrative direction, leadership and operational coordination of the goals and objectives of the American Association of Credit Union Leagues (AACUL).
• Provide strategic direction and oversight of the Association (AACUL). Develop strategic goals and annual operating plans and budgets to facilitate the attainment of those long-term goals and objectives.
• Provide executive level administrative direction, leadership and operational coordination of the goals and objectives of the National Action and Response Program (NARP) with the goals of AACUL and CUNA.
• Work with the Board of Directors to identify ways in which the Association must function and provide services to satisfy the needs of the membership. Facilitate a strong mutually supportive relationship beneficial to both organizations strategic objectives.
• Serve as the liaison between CUNA and AACUL and AACUL’s committees and task forces. The position is the focal point for leadership in all of the efforts initiated through the Association. The position is charged with accomplishing the goals and objectives of AACUL and coordinating them with the goals and objectives of other segments of the Credit Union Movement.
• Serve as AACUL’s key spokesperson and liaison to CU System leadership as well as to external audiences.
• Provide executive level administrative direction and leadership to CU House, LLC.
• Represent AACUL at state and regional league meetings, assisting in strategic planning issues, working to strengthen the human resources of leagues and their affiliates.
• Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
⇒Serve as ex-officio on AACUL Executive Board
⇒Serve as Executive Director of National Action and Response Program
⇒Serve as Officer of CU House, LLC
⇒Serve as key advisor to CUNA CEO on CU System Issues
⇒Serve as AACUL’s chief executive officer and chief spokesperson and liaison to CU System partners as well as external organizations