“Give a Hoot About Savings” will serve as the official theme for the 2017 National Credit Union Youth Month, sponsored by GreenPath Financial Wellness.
Centered on owl imagery, the theme will encourage kids to embrace financial responsibility and the unique power of credit unions to provide financial security.
“We wanted a symbol that was both kid-friendly and universally recognizable, and owls fit the bill perfectly,” said Ariel Bilskey, CUNA director of blended learning. “Known as ‘the wisest bird,’ the owl is a fitting mascot for an event about showing kids the wisdom of partnering with credit unions for life’s financial challenges.”
The theme will be featured throughout Youth Month promotional materials and merchandise, both of which are now available on the Youth Month website:
• Shop: Purchase giveaway items and decorations;
• Images and designs: Download complimentary poster, logos and graphics;
• Social media toolkit: Promote celebrations online with playful social media art;
• National Youth Savings Challenge: Boost engagement with a savings challenge;
• Articles and press releases: Customize ready-to-go communications;
• How to celebrate: Find ideas for successful Youth Month events;
• E-newsletter signup: Get exclusive deals, tips, and content; and
• Be Wise. Save.: Reach teens with an aged-up design.