View Scenes from The 1 CU Conference:
• CUs and Young Adults
Young people today live in a different cultural context, says the Filene Research Institute’s Brent Dixon. Growing up and becoming financially independent in a broken economy can give birth to short-sighted financial behaviors and a general fear around money. Read more.
• CUs Embrace Alternative Capital
Credit unions worldwide are struggling to generate sufficient capital from retained earnings. Read more.
• Cheney Presents CU Hero Award
CUNA President/CEO Bill Cheney presented Credit Union Magazine's 2010 CU Hero of the Year award to Vic Thate, executive vice president of FAA Credit Union in Oklahoma City. Read more.
• New Corporate Structure Proposal Shifts Business Model
NCUA’s proposal to change the corporate system structure will affect corporates’ business model and its expectations of credit unions. Read more.
• Haiti Video Highlights CU Recovery Efforts
The tragedy in Haiti demonstrates the need for the world credit union community to come together to help. Read more.
• 'Ordinary' Won't Change the World
Your job is to find opportunities in financial services. Read more.
• Ten Tips to Make Technology More Effective
Ten tips for increasing technology and operational efficiency. Read more.
• U.S. Could Become Fraudster's Paradise by 2012
By 2010, the U.S. will be the only major country that doesn't use chip cards, making it a fraudster's paradise. Read more.
• A Chemical Reason for Social Networks' Popularity?
There might be a physiological reason for the meteoric rise in the popularity of social networking, according to Tara Hunt, author and social networking expert. Read more.
• Crises Create Compliance Burdens, and 'This One's a Doozy'
There were 61 regulatory pronouncements made in 2009 and more expected in 2010. How can CUs cope with this compliance burden? Read more.
• Governance Challenges Concern CUs Worldwide
Panelists cite a need for greater director responsibility and capability. Read more.
• Panel Outlines How Interchange Provision Will Affect CUs
It would be a shame if legislation aimed at protecting consumers instead causes the end of free checking and transaction fees. Read more.
• Speakers Detail Keys to Business Lending Success
CUs must be fast, competitive, and flexible when serving small business members. Read more.
• Expect Weak Loan Growth, Moderate Asset Growth
The fragile recovery is far from normal. Read more.
• Collins: Adhere to Core Values
It's the only thing that keeps great companies great. Read more.
• CU Leaders Welcome the World to Vegas
Mica hands the reins to Cheney at The 1 CU Conference. Read more.
• Scenes from The 1 CU Conference
View a photo slide show from the conference.
• CUNA/NCBA Sign Training Licensing Agreement
Customized professional development training soon will be available to members of the National Cooperative Business Association. Read more.
• Chairmen Seek Greater Global CU Involvement
The chairmen from the Credit Union National Association and the World Council of Credit Unions welcomed more than 2,800 attendees from 60 nations to The 1 Credit Union Conference, which convened in Las Vegas Sunday. Read more.
• Author Collins to Address Opening General Session
Companies achieve business success with a sense of purpose, dedication, and the right mix of people “riding on the bus,” says author Jim Collins. Read more.
• The 1 CU Conference Celebrates Global CU Community
Nearly 60 countries are represented, from Australia to Zimbabwe. Read more.