CUNA Tools August 2010
Community CU & Growth Conference
In the quest to grow your credit union, it’s easy to spend too much time on the charter, and not enough on growth. The measure of success lies in how many new members actually walk through your door.
The 2010 CUNA Community Credit Union & Growth Conference, October 6-9 in Boston, is a learning experience designed to
help all credit unions–community chartered and otherwise–discover innovative avenues to growth. You’ll
explore new ways to:
- Launch growth initiatives, including outreach to rapidly expanding youth and underserved populations;
- Develop traditional and non-traditional marketing strategies, including social media, to build community-wide relationships; and
- Improve profitability and stay strong through recessionary times.
Visit community.cuna.org and make plans to join us today!
Directors and volunteers have a duty to act in the best interest of members. In a complex financial environment, that’s a hefty responsibility. CUNA’s Volunteer Institute will help you stay on top of all the relevant issues—and inspire you along the way. Mark your calendar for these events:
October 10–13, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
January 16–19, 2011
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
By successfully completing sessions and exams, you can earn credits toward your Certified Credit Union Volunteer designation. To learn more and to view the recently released board training case study, visit training.cuna.org and enter “board and volunteer training” in the event finder.
CU Trainer's Portal
Designing customized training has never been easier. CUNA's Credit Union Trainer's Portal provides you with a wealth of ready-to-use training elements that can be integrated into customized learning experiences you create. The Trainer’s Portal offers:
* One annual subscription. One subscription gives you unlimited access to credit-union specific learning
elements. Mix and match these elements to build courses or presentations that meet your vision of what a learning experience
* Introductory pricing. For a limited time, you can take advantage of the introductory offer of just $499 for a full year of unlimited access to the Trainer's Portal. That’s one-third off the regular price of $750 per year.
Get the Trainer's Portal now by visiting trainersportal.cuna.org
Mobile Banking & Fraud
Registration is still open to hear security expert Jim Rechel’s 60-minute audio overview of the opportunities and perils of mobile banking, August 12, 2:00–3:00 p.m. central time.
Rechel will discuss the growth in mobile technologies and the fraud that’s certain to follow. Join in to learn the latest trends, as well as methods to prevent fraud against mobile services.
And if you’re thinking about attending CUNA’s Security & Fraud Institute in Tempe, October 17-21, this audio will give you a preview of information from one of several presenters at the Institute.
To learn more and register, visit training.cuna.org; enter “security & fraud institute” in the search function.