CUNA Technology Council Honors Best Practice Award Winners
Award recognizes outstanding approaches to technology challenges.
Three credit unions were honored with Best Practices Awards during the 16th Annual CUNA Technology Council Conference in San Antonio:
• Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union, St. Paul, Minn., won for its implementation of an electronic contract workflow process that allows for business contracts to be easily located, accessed, and stored.
• Pen Air Federal Credit Union, Pensacola, Fla., won for its business continuity plan and failover site development. With a minimal investment, the credit union improved system security for the institution and its members.
• Pioneer West Virginia Federal Credit Union, Charleston, won for developing a daily dashboard with key metrics to identify potential business risks and opportunities.
From left: Cary Tonne, vice president, information technology, Affinity Plus FCU, St. Paul, Minn.; Dan McGowan, senior vice president/chief information officer, Pioneer West Virginia FCU, Charleston; and Chris McGee, manager/assistant information technology, Pen Air FCU, Pensacola, Fla.
The award recognizes outstanding approaches to technology challenges with potential for universal application across the credit union movement. A panel of CUNA Technology Council members selected the winners, based on strategy, process, application, and results, without regard to credit union asset size.
Council names executive committee members
The CUNA Technology Council also announced its executive committee and officers during its 16th Annual Conference:
- Chair: Heather Moshier, executive vice president, information technology, for San Diego County Credit Union
- Vice chair: Jeff Johnson, senior vice president, information technology, Baxter Credit Union, Vernon Hills, Ill.
- Second vice chair: Chad Graves, senior vice president, information technology, Ent Federal Credit Union, Colorado Spring, Colo.
Other executive committee members include Robert Reh, chief information officer, Nassau Financial Federal Credit Union, Westbury, N.Y.; and John Best, chief technology officer, Wescom CU, Pasadena, Calif.; Todd Dauchy, CIO, Corning (N.Y.) FCU; Jennifer Weiss, vice president, information technology, Sandia Laboratory FCU, Albuquerque, N.M.; Belinda Caillouet, vice president, information technology, Spokane (Wash.) Teachers CU; John Drago, vice president of information technology, California and Nevada CU Leagues; and Butch Leonardson, senior vice president/chief information officer, BECU, Seattle, Wash.
Rudy Pereira, senior vice president of operations and technology for Alliant Credit Union in Chicago will step down as chair but will remain on the executive committee.