Mind Your Social Media Manners
Tips to avoid missteps online.
December 15, 2012
A social media faux pas can be excruciatingly public and long-lasting. Avoid missteps with this advice from Third Degree Advertising:
- Listen. Track conversations about your brand. It’s the first step to engaging with others.
- Share. Live your brand inside first. Share examples of your team exemplifying your story.
- Praise. When you find something noteworthy, link it and discuss why you think it’s important.
- Discuss. Join a conversation and recognize when it’s appropriate to do so.
- Ask. Vocal members will speak their minds if you ask the right questions.
- Like. Reward positive mentions. Use available award tools to “like,” “+,” or “thumb’s up.
- Clutter. Reserve your content for the channels most relevant to your members.
- Feed trolls. Respond to negative comments by moving the conversation in-person where you can respond personally and constructively.
- Try to control. Social media is hard to control because it’s not about control. It’s about being relevant, aware, and engaged.
Visit thirddegreeadv.com for more information.