Protect Your Members
It’s critical that members are financially literate and well-educated about potential scams.
April 9, 2013
It’s critical that members are financially literate and well-educated so they can protect themselves from possible theft and scams.
CUNA offers the following resources to help credit unions educate members about the different security threats they often face. Offer educational videos CUNA’s Stickley on Security Videos educate members about risks and offer ways members can protect their identity.
These engaging videos are specifically designed to meet the requirements of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council’s guidelines.
Sample videos include:
- “Getting Back Your Stolen Identity.”
- “Protect Yourself From ATM Scams.”
- “Simple Tips For Secure Mobile Banking.”
For more information, visit cuna.org/sos.
Statement stuffers inform Keep your members informed of the many financial security risks with CUNA’s suite of statement stuffers.
Statement stuffers that address security issues include:
- “Elder Financial Abuse: Do You Know the Signs?”
- “Good Habits Protect Your Cards Against Fraud.”
- “ID Theft : How to Prevent It and How to Get Over It.”
- “Online Banking: Fast, Simple, Safe.”
- “Outsmart Foreclosure Scams.”
- “Phishing: Don’t Take the Bait.”
- “Your Rights When You Write a Check.”
Educate members with seminars
Educating your members on personal finance is vital when you consider the sheer numbers of issues they face including identity theft , debt, and even paying bills on time. The need for education is real, but planning educational programs can be a time-consuming process.
That’s why Seminars in a Box™ for Members were designed with your busy schedule in mind. Everything you need to plan and execute a member seminar is at your fingertips— just add the members.