CO-OP Financial Services Awards 16 Scholarships for Community CU & Growth Conference
This is the fourth-consecutive year the company has sponsored scholarships for this conference.
CO-OP Financial Services has awarded 16 credit union professionals with scholarships to attend this year’s CUNA Community Credit Union & Growth Conference (CCUC).
This is the fourth-consecutive year that CO-OP Financial Services has sponsored scholarships for this conference, which will take place October 8-11 in Uncasville, Conn.
The 2013 scholarship winners, listed below, were selected by CO-OP after meeting the required scholarship criteria and submitting applications before this year’s deadline.
“Over the last four years, individuals from dozens of credit unions that would not otherwise be represented have been able to attend the conference and apply takeaways to directly strengthen the credit union movement,” says Todd Spiczenski, senior vice president, CUNA Center for Professional Development. “Thanks to CO-OP Financial Services’ continued generosity, the CCUC message will be once again amplified by the insight and dedication of this year’s scholarship winners.”
The CUNA Community Credit Union & Growth Conference provides the tools for credit unions to put their most creative ideas into action and find bold new strategies to drive membership growth.
Attendees will create ready-to-implement action plans to help their credit unions reach their full potential. CUNA will also present four outstanding credit unions with the 2013 Community Credit Union of the Year Award.
“CO-OP places a strong emphasis on the difference that an individual, or a group of individuals, can make in achieving a greater cause,” says Stan Hollen, president/CEO of CO-OP Financial Services. “We’re proud to make it possible for these 16 individuals to better spread and uphold the credit union difference; we believe in the positive impact of CUNA events like CCUC, and we hope other businesses will see that impact and find similar opportunities to contribute.”
The 2013 CCUC scholarship winners are:
- Megan Armstrong, Saratoga’s Community FCU, N.Y.;
- Jim Bounds, Coastal Community and Teachers CU, Texas;
- Eric Bruen, Desert Valleys FCU, Calif.;
- Debbie Bullock, Martin FCU, Fla.;
- Asaf (Asi) Carmeli, Scient FCU, Conn.;
- Phillip Dunaway, Land of Lincoln CU, Ill.;
- Clayton Fuchigami, Maui FCU, Hawaii;
- Sherry Holliman, Northeast Arkansas FCU, Ark.;
- Michael Mayhew, Baltimore County EFCU, Md.;
- Nancy Montie, Besser CU, Mich.;
- Deloris Ransom, Salem Baptist FCU, N.J.;
- Lynn Sabatino, Members CU, Conn.;
- Nancy Sieller, Torrington Municipal & Teachers FCU, Conn.;
- Laura Sorensen, SageLink CU, Mich.;
- Carla Waldo, Mills42 FCU, Mass.; and
- Michael Waylett, Vision Financial FCU, N.C.