CUNA is now America's Credit Unions.
A stronger voice to advance the credit union industry.
The MD|DC Credit Union Association hosted its 2022 Tech Summit August 16-17 at the MGM National Harbor in Maryland. The summit explored the digital innovations that are redefining financial services and reshaping the member experience.
The two-day event featured speakers at the forefront of the tech transformation, engaged in panel discussions, and shared real-world success stories. Speakers discussed the technology that is transforming the future of finance, demystifying DeFi and debated over Central Bank Digital Currency. The summit also held its second annual FinTank competition.
“I want to thank our all-star lineup of industry experts and thought leaders who shared their perspective on the opportunities and challenges of developing and adopting a digital growth strategy,” said MD|DC Credit Union Association President/CEO John Bratsakis. “They offered valuable insight that will help credit unions prepare for the future and innovate to stay ahead of the curve.”
NCUA Board Member Rodney Hood kicked of the Tech Summit, calling fintech a “strategic business imperative” and encouraged credit unions to work with financial technology providers to improve operations and member services, as well as help advance financial inclusion. He said the NCUA is looking at developing a fintech rule to guide credit unions in integrating fintech solutions.
Attendees also heard from nationally recognized experts who shared their insights on positioning credit unions for the future:
• Mark Sievewright, Founder & CEO, Sievewright and Associates – Encouraged credit unions to reimagine how to bring together people, data, tech and processes to create value for members.
• Kirstin Wells, Principal Economist, Federal Reserve Board – Discussed the benefits and risks of Central Bank Digital Currency as the Federal Reserve Board engages in a public discussion.
• Jim Colassano, SVP, Product Dev. & Strategy, The Clearing House – Explored how the Real Time Payments Network at The Clearing House is unlocking new and innovative capabilities across the payments landscape.
• Lou Grilli, Senior Innovation Strategist, PSCU – Examined the future of cryptocurrency and innovative applications of blockchain.
• Patti Wubbels, SVP of Client Development, SRM – Explored the ins and outs of the developing cryptocurrency ecosystem.
• Elizabeth McCluskey, Director of the Discovery Fund, CMFG Ventures – Discussed leveraging fintech partnerships to increase financial inclusion.
• Chris Otey, Chief Revenue Officer, CU 2.0 – Examined how to evaluate fintechs for a successful partnership.