MyCUmortgage announced the recipients of its Awards for Excellence in Mortgage Lending. The winning partner credit unions were recognized for outstanding results in helping members with home ownership at the credit union service organization’s Annual Partner Conference in Fairborn, Ohio, Oct. 1-3.
Credit unions were recognized for their outstanding achievements. Awards were based on mortgage activity from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013.
Award winners included:
Originator of the Year:
• Small credit union--Dynamic Federal Credit Union, Celina, Ohio;
• Mid-size credit union--Midwest Community Credit Union, Defiance, Ohio; and
• Large credit union--Workers’ Credit Union, Fitchburg, Mass.
New Producer Awards:
• Small asset--Perfect Circle Credit Union, Hagerstown, Ind.;
• Mid-Size asset--Ashland Credit Union, Ashland, Ky.; and
• Large asset--Dominion Credit Union, Richmond, Va.
Purchase Lender Awards:
• Small asset--Dayton Firefighters Federal Credit Union, Dayton, Ohio;
• Mid-Size asset--Indiana State University Federal Credit Union, Terre Haute, Ind.; and
• Large asset--Canton Schools Employees Federal Credit Union, Canton, Ohio.
Individual Originator of the Year Awards:
• Tim Muffley, mortgage loan manager, DESCO Federal Credit Union, Portsmouth, Ohio;
• Wendy Bussa, mortgage loan officer, Hopewell Federal Credit Union, Heath, Ohio; and
• Michelle Boughan, vice president of mortgage lending, TopMark Federal Credit Union, Lima, Ohio.
Peoples Federal Credit Union, Nitro, W. Va., and Finance Center Federal Credit Union, Indianapolis, received CU Select awards, based on mortgage loan volume.
The 2013 Susan Edwards Scholarship Award recipient was Rob Whitley of Metro Community Federal Credit Union, Huntington, W. Va.
The scholarship to attend the conference was created in memory of Susan Edwards, myCUmortgage’s first loan coordinator, who worked her way up to become the operations manager for the company. She died of cancer in 2009.