A recent study by Accenture found that “work-life balance” is the No. 1 factor for success in the workplace, according to at least half of men and women.
If you want the best out of your employees, keep them happy, and do the same for yourself, according to Inc. When thinking about your own work-life balance, consider these five tips:
1. Go on vacation. The mental distance your vacation time allows is essential for your health, your happiness, and your ability to do sustained quality work.
2. Unplug often. Disconnect from distractors, both at home and the office. Focus more on what you’re doing and close your email application more often.
3. Get into the flow. You know those moments where you get so engrained in what you’re doing that time flies by and everything else fades away. That’s “flow.” Collect more of those content-filled hours.
4. Work less. Working too much, in fact, hurts your work. Overworking decreases your creativity, people skills, and effectiveness.
5. Spend time with loved ones. Make it a top priority to enjoy time with your friends and family every day. Have a distraction free family meal or enjoy other quality activities.