'Seize the Now' with CO-OP speakers at Think 15
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (2/3/15)--CO-OP Financial Services announced eight featured speakers for THINK 15, which will focus on how an unprecedented convergence of social and technological advances has made 2015 the critical year for credit unions to gain consumer loyalty.
THINK 15 will be held May 5-8 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
"We believe our movement fulfills both the values and services that most consumers, especially millennials, now demand; and credit unions offer the kind of financial support they are seeking right now in their lives," said Stan Hollen, president/CEO of CO-OP. "The theme is 'Seize the Now' and our speakers will help us seize the great opportunity we have with this modern consumer by turning today's trends into enduring competitive advantages."
Topics to be addressed at the conference include how to build business by helping members achieve life goals, exploring the technologies that transform their daily lives, implementing these new technologies and experiences, and how to prosper by being a mission-driven company.
Now in its eighth year, CO-OP's THINK conference is dedicated to credit union innovation, specializing in speakers from outside the industry. Speakers include:
- ara Critchfield, founding editorial director of Upworthy, deemed by Fast Company as the "fastest growing media company of all time;"
- Nir Eyal, contributing writer for Forbes, and author of "Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products;"
- Lisa Gansky, founder/chief instigator of Mesh Labs, a leader in shaping the evolution of the sharing economy;
- Christopher Gavigan, who co-founded and helped build the Honest Co.'s values-based business to provide safer, more effective products to parents;
- Ido Leffler, co-founder/CEO of Yoobi, the company that made selling school supplies a cause that touches classrooms across the nation;
- Nilofer Merchant, author on innovation and collaboration who has worked with Apple, IBM, GE and Google;
- J.B. Straubel, co-founder/chief technical officer of Tesla Motors Inc., directly responsible for operations of nearly one-quarter of the company; and
- Darcy Winslow, CEO/managing partner/co-founder of the Academy for Systemic Change, who spearheads Nike's efforts to ensure its social responsibility and environmental-friendliness matches its world-renowned brand of athletic-wear.
The event's master of ceremonies will be journalist and radio host Tess Vigeland, who served in the same capacity at THINK 14 in New Orleans.