Blue Angel pilot to keynote CUNA Tech, OpSS councils conference
MADISON, Wis. (6/1/15)--CUNA has announced a number of major event highlights for the upcoming CUNA Technology Council Conference and CUNA Operations, Sales & Service Council Conference, including keynote speaker John Foley, former lead solo pilot for the Blue Angels, and a series of speed-round sessions that will expose attendees to the industry's latest innovations.
The event will take place Sept. 27-30 at Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort, Orlando, Fla.
As the leader of the Navy's elite precision exhibition flying team, Foley grew to expect unparalleled levels of excellence from his team and required steadfast commitment, discipline and trust in order to reach peak performance levels. He will bring attendees in on why the Blue Angels are in the highest tier of pilots, how they get there, how they stay there and how credit union teams can incorporate those secrets into their organizations.
Offering a unique and powerful platform for financially focused technology companies, the speed-round sessions will demonstrate and discuss the latest innovations to credit unions around the United States. Attendees will gain exposure to highly relevant advancements in technology and develop a clear idea of where the credit union movement is heading.
Additional conference highlights include:
- First year for “Crash” sessions, in which industry mentors lead young credit union professionals in open conversations about topics such as leadership, social responsibility and innovation;
- A preconference workshop: "The Business Behind the Magic Tour," limited to the first 50 registrants;
- Wednesday morning general session: "Combating Cybercrime in the Financial Services Industry" with Theresa Payton, identity theft expert and former White House chief information officer;
- Closing general session: "Service That Rocks: How to Create a Differentiated Experience to Deliver Sustainable Results" with Jim Knight, author of "Culture That Rocks!" and former Hard Rock International executive; and
- The 2015 Excellence in Technology Awards and 2015 Excellence in Operations, Sales & Service Awards will be presented on-site, recognizing the dedication and innovative ideas of exemplary credit union individuals and teams.
Recorded sessions will be available for those who are unable to attend, or who wish to add recordings of the expert-led conference sessions to their personal resource library.
Conference scholarship information and applications are now available for those interested in applying.