NYIB reaches more than 366K students with fin. lit.
TAMPA, Fla. (8/17/15)--Credit union financial educators reached 366,356 students in 11,844 classroom presentations during the 2014-2015 school year, according to the National Youth Involvement Board (NYIB).
The number of presentations represents an increase from the 10,989 presentations made in 2013-2014.
This year’s reporting period ran from July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2105.
NYIB also noted these highlights:
- Mandy Clayton, director of financial education, FivePoint CU, Nederland, Texas, conducted the most classroom presentations (633).
- Michigan was the state with the most presentations with 1,971.
- Tabatha Thurman, financial education specialist, WEOKIE CU, Oklahoma City, reached the most students (9,613) in the 2014-2015 reporting year.
- As a state, Michigan reached the most students (48,513).
- State Employees' CU, Raleigh, N.C., was the credit union that reached the most students (28,148).
- Complex Community FCU, Odessa, Texas, made the most presentations (848).
The NYIB also announced it soon will add a tool to measure the impact of presentations. The tool will include templates and a place to record pre- and post-session tests, along with data credit unions and state credit union leagues will be able to take to lawmakers to show what credit unions are doing to enhance financial education in their communities.