Industry-wide EMV education initiative launched
PRINCETON JUNCTION, N.J. (8/20/15)--The Payments Security Task Force and the EMV Migration Forum launched the industry-wide CHIP IN Education Initiative.
The initiative provides issuers, merchants, acquirers and others with educational messages and materials that can be shared through social media and other channels.
For those that join the initiative, participants will receive a weekly email which includes:
- Pre-drafted social media posts and hashtags;
- Free educational downloads including visual aids, training guides, FAQs and infographics;
- Ways to use resources to maximize educational value;
- Media interview tips; and
- Methods to encourage visits to GoChipCard.com.
GoChipCard.com is a comprehensive site providing instructions for successful chip card transactions along with information about what chip cards are, the security they deliver and reference materials for consumers, issuers and merchants.
The first weekly email will be sent during the week of Aug. 24.
CUNA is a member of the Payments Security Task Force.