Foundation board nominations open
MADISON, Wis. (9/9/15)--The National Credit Union Foundation is seeking nominations for three board seats. Applications are due Oct. 30.
Volunteersserve up to three terms of three years each on the board, as long as they are re-nominated by the foundation Nominations Committee and re-elected by the organization’s board.
The qualifications for the seats are:
- Seat 6--Credit union executive or director. The candidate must be an executive officer or director of a credit union;
- Seat 12--System affiliate. The candidate must be and remain a director or executive officer of an organization that: is national in scope, has as its primary purpose support of credit unions or some element of the credit union movement, has a significant portion of its ownership or membership from the credit union system, and has demonstrated a commitment to the purposes of this corporation; and
- Seat 15--Credit union executive or director or system affiliate or at-large.
Currently serving in the seats:
- Seat 6--Vacant;
- Seat 12--Stan Hollen, president/CEO,CO-OP Financial Services, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., who is completing his second three-year term; and
- Seat 15--Teresa Halleck, president/CEO, San Diego County CU, San Diego, who is completing a partial term.
- Hollen and Halleck have both expressed interest in serving another term.
Qualified candidates interested in applying for the board seats can visit www.ncuf.coop/board to obtain the “Declaration of Candidacy” document.