5 free CDFI webinars start in Oct.
WASHINGTON (9/25/15)--There will be five free webinars on the subject of expanding Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) coverage of underserved areas offered between October 2015 and January 2016.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s CDFI Fund released the schedule of the first five webinars in what is intended to be an ongoing series as part of the fund's Capacity Building Initiative. The initiative is designed to provide training and technical assistance on issues impacting CDFIs.
The first five webinars are:
- Expansion Strategies for Growth, Part One: Operational Efficiencies, Oct. 6, 2 p.m. (ET): A presentation of operational strategy tools including the “Business Model Canvas,” the “Lending Life Cycle”, and “Process Mapping.” This webinar is intended to reinvigorate thinking about the importance of focusing on the consumer, redefining an organization’s value proposition, and identifying areas for operational efficiency.
- Using Market Analysis for Expansion, Oct. 27, 2 p.m. (ET): A practitioner’s guide through the steps of a successful market analysis, including defining the scope, developing the research methodology, and establishing timelines and a budget. AN expert will discuss the reasons and timing for conducting a market analysis and how to implement the findings of your completed market-research report.
- Expansion Strategies for Growth, Part Two: Technology, People, Culture, and Leading Organizational Change, Nov. 17, 2 p.m. (ET): This second segment of the Expansion Strategies for Growth webinar will dive into technology, people, culture, and leading organizational change. A CDFI expert will highlight technology’s role in enabling expansion goals and improving the lending process. Content will also include best practices for aligning organizational culture, managing talent, and leading successful change.
- Marketing Strategy, Tactics, and Storytelling, Dec. 8, 2 p.m. (ET): As an organization expands, it needs to market in order to amplify visibility, activate key audiences, and generate referrals. Develop market strategies and tactics to support your established or emerging CDFI in new product, customer segment, geographic market, and/or network expansion. Marketing experts will present the six steps of marketing for CDFIs and the power of storytelling.
- Understanding CDFI Impact, Jan. 12, 2016, 2 p.m. (ET): This webinar is intended to help a CDFI align impact data collection with strategy and mission. Examples from CDFIs will demonstrate how to build an internal culture of impact data collection, identify processes to streamline data collection and reporting, and enhance skills to communicate a CDFI’s work. Impact data collection can help an organization understand customers or members and how effectively it is serving its community.
The sessions are open to the general public, but advanced registration is required to access the presentation. Registration may be completed up until the start time listed for each individual session. Click here to register.