Conn. league announces CUNA award winners
MERIDEN, Conn. (10/8/15)--The Connecticut Credit Union League announced the state-level winners of this year’s CUNA awards, which recognize credit unions that go above and beyond in community activism, member support and financial literacy.
CUNA and the league sponsor the annual awards, and the first-place state-level winners move on to the national contest. National winners will be recognized at CUNA’s Governmental Affairs Conference Feb. 21-25 in Washington, D.C.
The Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award honors credit unions that initiate programs and activities benefitting the community or specific charities. Connecticut’s first-place winners are:
- $20 million to $50 million in assets: Greenwich (Conn.) Municipal Employees FCU;
- $100 million to $200 million: Seasons FCU, Middletown; and
- $200 million to $500 million: Connex CU, North Haven.
The Louise Herring Philosophy-in-Action Award recognizes credit unions that demonstrate and practice the credit union movement’s “people helping people” philosophy both internally and in their communities. The first-place winners are:
- Less than $50 million in assets: Hartford (Conn.) Healthcare FCU;
- $50 million to $200 million: Seasons FCU; and
- $200 million to $500 million: Connex CU.
The Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award recognizes credit unions that demonstrate leadership in providing financial education to their members and communities. The first-place winner is:
- $150 million to $500 million in assets: Connex CU.