CUNA/CFA to unveil annual holiday spending survey results Nov. 23
WASHINGTON (11/20/15)--CUNA and the Consumer Federation of America (CFA) will release the 16th annual Holiday Consumer Spending Survey during a press conference Nov. 23 at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
The survey tracks holiday spending plans and concerns about debt levels, while also providing fresh findings on consumer attitudes toward their financial conditions.
The survey was conducted Nov. 5-8. At the press conference, Bill Hampel, CUNA chief policy officer, and Stephen Brobeck, CFA executive director, will discuss:
- The latest trends in consumer holiday spending plans;
- The difference in spending plans between income brackets;
- How many families are prepared for a $1,000 emergency bill;
- How the findings compare with consumer attitudes over the last several years;
- How consumer attitudes have changed over the past five years; and
- Helpful advice for holiday shopping.
The complete details of the press conference include:
What: CUNA/CFA Press Conference: 16th Annual Holiday Consumer Spending Survey
Date/Time: Monday, Nov. 23, 10 a.m. (ET)
- Location: National Press Club, Zenger Room, 529 14th St. N.W., 13th floor, Washington, D.C.