Live stream for today's CUNA/CFA Holiday Spending announcement
WASHINGTON (11/23/15)--Predictions for consumer holiday spending and discussion of their concerns about debt levels will be released this morning by CUNA and the Consumer Federation of America (CFA). It is the groups' 16th annual holiday spending event.
CUNA’s Chief Policy Officer Bill Hampel will be joined by Stephen Brobeck, executive director of the CFA, at the National Press Club for the unveiling.
The press conference will begin at 10 a.m. (ET) today, and News Now will be streaming the press conference live via the Periscope app.
Those wishing to watch the live stream on a mobile device can download the app at the App Store andGoogle Play and follow NewsNowLiveWire. Those watching on the app can submit questions. It will also be available for viewing on a computer, a link will be tweeted out by @NewsNowLiveWire as the stream begins.
The survey, which was conducted Nov. 5-8, tracks holiday spending plans and consumer concerns, as well as findings on consumer attitudes toward their financial conditions.
Other topics that will be covered include
- The difference in spending plans between income brackets;
- How many families are prepared for a $1,000 emergency bill;
- How the findings compare with consumer attitudes over the last several years;
- How consumer attitudes have changed over the past five years; and
- Helpful advice for holiday shopping.