CUNA AGM set for Feb. 22, Heacock re-elected to board
MADISON, Wis. (1/20/16)--The Credit Union National Association’s (CUNA) annual general meeting will be held Feb. 22, in conjunction with the CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference at the Washington Convention Center.
The 82nd annual general meeting will update member credit unions and state credit union leagues on the actions of their association over the past year.
Jan. 15 was the deadline for voting for the one contested seat in this year’s CUNA board election. Roger Heacock, president/CEO, Black Hills FCU, Rapid City, S.D., and Paul Trylko, president/CEO, Amplify CU, Austin, Texas, were nominated for the District 5, Class B seat. Heacock was re-elected and will serve a three-year term.
District B covers Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming, while Class B represents credit unions having at least 30,000 but not more than 106,00 natural-person members.
Seven board nominees were elected by acclamation:
District 1--Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands:
- Class C, credit unions having at least 106,000 natural-person members: Mark S. Brantley, board member, Municipal CU, New York.
District 2--Delaware, District of Columbia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia:
- Class A, credit unions having less than 30,000 natural-person members: Joe Thomas, president/CEO, Fairfax County FCU, Fairfax, Va.
District 3--Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee:
- Class B, credit unions having at least 30,000 but not more than 106,000 natural-person members: Bradley Green, president/CEO, Listerhill CU, Sheffield, Ala.
District 4--Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin:
- Class C: John C. Sackett, board treasurer, Royal CU, Eau Claire, Wis.
District 5--Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming:
- Class D, league presidents: Scott Sullivan, president/CEO, Nebraska Credit Union League.
District 6--Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, American Samoa, Guam, Johnston Atoll, Midway Atoll, Northern Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll and Wake Atoll:
- Class A, Debie Keesee, CEO of Spokane (Wash.) Media FCU; and
- Class D, Troy Stang, president/CEO, Northwest Credit Union Association.
Those elected will take office upon the adjournment of the annual general meeting.