Comments due Aug. 8 on NCUA's annual one-third reg. review
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (2/17/16)--Comments on the 2016 list of National Credit Union Administration's (NCUA) review of regulations are due to the agency by Aug. 8, according to the agency's Office of General Counsel.
In 2016, the NCUA will review rules and regulations related to:
- 711: Management official interlocks;
- 712: Credit union service organizations;
- 713: Fidelity bond and insurance coverage for federal credit unions;
- 714: Leasing;
- 715: Supervisory committee audits and verifications;
- 717: Fair credit reporting;
- 721: Incidental powers;
- 722: Appraisals;
- 723: Member business loans;
- 724: Trustees and custodians of certain tax-advantaged savings plans;
- 725: NCUA Central Liquidity Facility;
- 740 Accuracy of advertising and notice of insured status;
- 741: Requirements for insurance;
- 745: Share insurance and appendix; and
- 747: Administrative actions, adjudicative hearings, rules of practice and procedure and investigations.
The NCUA reviews all of its existing regulations every three years.
Other highlights of this month's NCUA Report include:
A look at card-free ATMs;
NCUA Chair Debbie Matz's column on Community Development Financial Institutions Fund grants;
Board member J. Mark McWatters' column on how the NCUA can create a fair and balanced approach to regulation;
A list of board actions from the agency's January 2016 meeting;
Information on money services business compliance; and
- A list of examiner priorities for 2016.