April 1 deadline for America Saves CU excellence designation
WASHINGTON (3/24/16)--Next week is the deadline for credit unions to submit their applications for the America Saves Designation of Savings Excellence for Credit Unions.
The designation distinguishes credit unions for exemplary savings promotion efforts during America Saves Week, Military Saves Week--both held Feb. 22-27--or the entire month of February. It also recognizes the efforts of the entire credit union, not individual branch efforts.
Application questions include:
- Time period of savings promotion,
- Number of savers opening new accounts during promotion time and average deposits into those accounts;
- Number of savers adding to existing accounts during promotion time and average increase in balances;
- Number of automatic savings deposits during promotion time;
- Incentives offered to savers; and
- Promotional materials.
The application period runs through April 1.