Dazzling CU marketing, biz development merit Diamond excellence awards
MADISON, Wis., and WASHINGTON (3/25/16)--The CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council awarded accolades to the movement’s top achievers and achievements in marketing and business development during its annual conference this week in Anaheim, Calif.
The highest honor in the Diamond Awards competition--Best of Show--went to BECU, Tukwila, Wash.
BECU won for showcasing the pivotal role members play in its organizational philosophy and its substantial financial membership benefits including low-cost products and services. The campaign was called Members Make It Happen.
The Diamond Awards, which received 1,139 entries this year, honor credit unions in 30 categories, ranging from direct mail to website marketing to public relations to social media.
“In a year where so many Diamond Awards entries demonstrated extraordinary innovation, risk and ambition, it was a challenge to single out winners,” said Amber Scott, co-chair of the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council Diamond Awards Committee.
“Ultimately, we have recognized the campaigns that most distinguished themselves by revealing new pathways for connecting with consumers and communicating the credit union difference,” said Scott, who is also vice president of marketing and communications, 1st MidAmerica CU, Bethalto, Ill.
Judges evaluated entries based on strategy, design, production, creative concept, copy, communication and results.
Individual achievement awards and their winners are:
- Business Development Professional of the Year--Jeremiah DeGollon, assistant vice president of business development, Summit CU, Madison, Wis.;
- Marketing Professional of the Year--Michelle Hunter, senior vice president of marketing and development, CU of Southern California, Anaheim Hills, Calif.;
- Hall of Fame--Nancy Hutchinson, senior vice president of marketing and business development, Minnesota Power Employees CU, Duluth, Minn.;
- Rising Star of the Year--Nadine Hohnke, marketing analyst, Public Service CU, Romulus, Mich.; and
- Volunteer of the Year--Joanne Billow, marketing services manager, Greylock FCU and Greylock Marketing Group, Pittsfield, Mass.
Excellence Awards, which recognize outstanding new marketing and business development approaches with potential for universal application across the industry, given to three credit unions:
- Business Development: Local Government FCU, Raleigh, N.C., for its LGFCU Commercial Lending program;
- Community Outreach or Political Advocacy: Heritage FCU, Newburgh, Ind., for its Pet Calendar contest.
- Miscellaneous:Heritage FCU, Newburgh, Ind., for its instant issue Visa cards.
For more information on all the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council award winners, visit cunacouncils.org/awards.