Foundation accepting Wegner memorial award nominations
The National Credit Union Foundation is accepting nominations for the individuals and organizations who will be recognized as next year’s Herb Wegner Memorial Award honorees.
Winners will be honored at the Foundation’s annual awards dinner Feb. 27, in conjunction with CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference GAC in Washington, D.C.
“If you look at the list of past Wegner Awardees, you’ll see they are all truly a model of tireless dedication to the credit union philosophy of ‘people helping people,’” said Danielle Brown, Foundation director of donation relations and development. “The Foundation’s Wegner Awards are widely considered the highest national honors in the credit union movement and we encourage you to nominate those individuals and programs that exemplify putting ‘belief into action.’”
Nominations for the following awards must be made by July 29:
- The Outstanding Individual Achievement Award, honoring an individual who is dedicated to promoting the credit union philosophy, has created innovative concepts, and has provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, regional, national, and/or international credit union movement. Nominations for individuals who are no longer active in the credit union movement must be made within five years of death or retirement; and
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award, honoring an organization, program or business for its innovative concepts, products and services that have had a significant impact on the local, national or international credit union movement.
More than one individual and organization may be selected to receive each award.
To submit a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner awards nomination form on the Foundation’s website;
- Gather at least five letters of recommendation that cite examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria; and
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to the Foundation by July 29.