CUNA sets DOL overtime rule webinar for July 18
CUNA will conduct a free member webinar Monday on the Department of Labor’s new overtime rule, and what it could mean for credit unions. The webinar is free, though registration is required, and will run from 2 to 3:15 p.m. (ET) July 18.
The DOL finalized its rule in May, raising the salary threshold for exempt employees to $47,476 per year, up from $23,600 annually. It will take effect Dec. 1.
Attorneys Michael Barnsback and David Reed will break down the details of the new rules, and what credit unions should do now to ensure they are prepared by Dec. 1.
The webinar will cover:
- What the new rule means for staff and the credit union’s bottom line;
- Breaking down the changes to the Fair Labor Standards Act exemption;
- Understanding the factors which impact salary computation;
- Identifying problematic staff positions;
- Elements of compliant employee classifications; and
- Reviewing available resources.