17 achieve int'l DE certification
The 7 international Credit Union Development Educator (DE) programs, in partnership with World Council of Credit Unions, recognized 17 individuals who received their International Credit Union Development Education (I-CUDE) designation at the 2016 World Credit Union Conference in Belfast, Ireland.
Seventeen credit union professionals received the I-CUDE distinction:
- Alana Miles, Mississippi Telco FCU, Pearl, Miss.;
- Alison Carr, Your Credit Union Partner, Madison, Wis.;
- Antony MacRow-Wood, Churches’ Mutual CU, Gloucester, United Kingdom;
- Baboucarr Joof, Gambia Teachers' Union CU, The Gambia, Africa;
- Bert Hash, (retired), MECU, Baltimore;
- Betty DeWeese, Telco Plus CU, Longview, Texas;
- Christopher Morris, National Credit Union Foundation, Madison, Wis.;
- Darlene Johnson, Suncoast CU, Tampa, Fla.;
- Deli Frantzen, Trona Valley CU, Green River, Wyo.;
- George Ototo, Kenya Union for Savings and Credit Cooperatives (KUSCCO), Kenya, Africa;
- Joseph Mayenda, SUCOMA SACCO Ltd, Malawi, Africa;
- Kara Kirschner, First CU,Chandler, Ariz.;
- Lisa Brown, Tallahassee Leon FCU, Tallahassee, Fla.;
- Oscar Porras, Maps CU, Salem, Ore.;
- Ranjith Hettiarachchi, Association of Asian Confederation of Credit Unions (ACCU), Thailand;
- Scott Sager, Trona Valley CU; and
- Sheri Eaton, Suncoast CU.
The international DE program is designed to encourage an international exchange of ideas and opportunities around credit union philosophy. The 7 international DE programs are based in Africa, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Europe, Great Britain, the Philippines and the United States.