National CU Foundation board nominations open
The National Credit Union Foundation is seeking nominations for three board seats.
Nominations must be received by Oct. 14
Volunteers may generally serve up to three terms of the duration of the term of office for the seat they are selected, as long as they are re-nominated by the Foundation Nominations Committee and re-elected by the Foundation Board.
The qualifications for the three Foundation board seats include:
- Seat 4: Credit union executive or director. The candidate must be an executive officer or director of a credit union.
- Seat 7: Credit union executive or director. The candidate must be an executive officer or director of a credit union.
- Seat 13: Credit union executive, director, or system affiliate or at-large.
Currently serving in the following seats are:
- Seat 4: Angela McCathran, president/CEO of People’s Trust FCU, Houston, is completing her first three-year term on the Foundation board;
- Seat 7: Tom Dorety, president/CEO of Suncoast CU, Tampa, Fla., is retiring from his credit union, making this seat vacant as he is not running for re-election; and
- Seat 13: Larry Middleman, president/CEO of CU Business Group, LLC, Portland, Ore., is completing his first two-year term.
McCathran and Middleman have expressed interest in serving another term.