Additional nomination received for 2017 CUNA board
With one additional name submitted this week, CUNA has received 7 nominations for its 2017 board elections.
Pat Drennen, CEO, 1st Gateway, CU, Camanche, Iowa, has been nominated for District 4, Class A (credit unions in Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin having less than 30,000 natural-person members).
Previous nominations include:
- Tony C. Budet, president/CEO of University FCU, Austin, Texas, for Class C (credit unions having more than 106,000 members);
- Maurice R. Smith, Local Government FCU, Raleigh, N.C., for Class C;
- Maria A. LaVelle, CEO, Westmoreland Community FCU, Greensburg, Pa., for District 1, Class A (credit unions in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands that have less than 30,000 natural-person members);
- Dallas Bergl, president, INOVA FCU, Elkhart, Ind., for District 2, Class B (credit unions in Delaware, District of Columbia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia that have at least 30,000 but not more than 106,000 natural person members);
- Scott Earl, president/CEO, Mountain West Credit Union Association, Denver, Class D (leagues); and
- Charles Elliott, president/CEO, Mississippi Credit Union Association, Jackson, Miss., Class D (leagues).
Effective in 2017, Class C and Class D elections will be conducted at-large nationwide, rather than by district. Each credit union nominee must be an employee or a voting board member of the nominating credit union, with the nomination seconded in writing by at least two other credit unions from the same class and, for Class A and B, district. Nominees to be elected by leagues must be a league chief executive officer and be nominated in writing by that league, with the nomination seconded in writing by at least one other league.
The deadline for nominations and seconds is Dec. 9. In contested elections, voting will begin Dec. 14 and close Jan. 20. Nomination information can be found on the CUNA website.
The remaining position open for nomination is District 6, Class B—credit unions in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, American Samoa, Guam, Johnston Atoll, Midway Atoll, Northern Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll and Wake Atoll having at least 30,000 but not more than 106,000 natural-person members.
No more than two of the voting CUNA directors shall be from members located in any one state and no more than one voting CUNA director shall be from any single credit union.
Directors elected will take office upon the adjournment of CUNA's Annual General Meeting in Washington, D.C., Feb. 27, during the CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference.