CUNA Council's co-located technology and operations conferences create the magic in Orlando this fall
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Madison, Wis. (June 1, 2015) – CUNA has announced a number of major event highlights for the upcoming CUNA Technology Council Conference and CUNA Operations, Sales & Service Council Conference, including keynote speaker John Foley, former lead solo pilot for the Blue Angels, and a series of speed round sessions that will expose attendees to the industry's latest innovations. Details and registration for this co-located event, taking place September 27-30, 2015 at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort in Orlando, are available at cunacouncils.org/techconference and cunacouncils.org/opssconference.
“It's not every day you get to hold an event so close to the Disney World grounds, so we're looking to make sure this year's conferences are ones to remember,” commented conference chairs, Mike Atkins (CTC) and Greg Inman (OpSS). “With stellar speakers like John Foley and innovative ideas from some of the greatest minds and hardest working teams in the industry, there is no doubt that attendees will bring some Disney magic back to their credit union.”
Keynote session: Extraordinary Performance with John Foley
As the leader of the Navy's elite precision exhibition flying team, John Foley grew to expect unparalleled levels of excellence from his team and required steadfast commitment, discipline and trust in order to reach peak performance levels. He will bring attendees in on why the Blue Angels are in the highest tier of pilots, how they get there, how they stay there and how credit union teams can translate those secrets into their organizations.
Speed round sessions
Offering a unique and powerful platform for financially focused technology companies, speed round sessions demonstrates and discusses the latest innovations to credit unions around the United States. Attendees will gain exposure to highly-relevant advancements in technology and develop a clear idea of where the credit union movement is heading.
Additional conference highlights include:
- First year for ‘Crash’ sessions, in which industry mentors lead young credit union professionals in open conversations around topics such as leadership, social responsibility, innovation and more.
- Preconference Workshop: The Business Behind the Magic Tour limited to the first 50 registrants
- Wednesday morning general session: Combating Cybercrime in the Financial Services Industry with Theresa Payton, identity theft expert and former White House CIO
- Closing general session: Service That Rocks: How to Create a Differentiated Experience to Deliver Sustainable Results with Jim Knight, author of Culture That Rocks! and former Hard Rock International executive
- The 2015 Excellence in Technology Awards and 2015 Excellence in Operations, Sales & Service Awardswill be presented on-site, recognizing the dedication and innovative ideas of exemplary credit union individuals and teams.
- Recorded sessions are available for those who are unable to attend, or who wish to add recordings of the expert-led conference sessions to their personal resource library
Conference scholarship information and applications are now available for those interested in applying.
# # #
About CUNA Councils:
CUNA Councils is a member-led organization dedicated to connecting passionate people, great ideas, original content and relevant resources to find solutions and inspire achievement through the power of peer collaboration. CUNA Councils serves six areas of credit unions including lending, marketing and business development, finance, human resources and training development, technology and operations, sales and service. For more information, visit www.cunacouncils.org.
CUNA Operations Sales & Service Council:
The CUNA Operations Sales & Service Council is a national, member-led community of credit union operations, sales and service professionals dedicated to cooperatively providing access to knowledge, expert resources and leadership development to its members. The CUNA Operations Sales & Service Council is one of six CUNA Councils, a network of more than 6,200 credit union professionals. For more information, visit www.cunacouncils.org.
CUNA Technology Council:
The CUNA Technology Council is a member-led organization of credit union technology professionals dedicated to sharing information with its members and promoting the advancement of credit union technology. The CUNA Technology Council is one of six CUNA Councils, a network of more than 6,200 credit union professionals. For more information, visit www.cunacouncils.org.