Nominations open for 2018 Wegner Awards
The National Credit Union Foundation is accepting nominations for the individuals and organizations who will be recognized the 2018 Herb Wegner Memorial Award honorees.
Winners will be honored at the Foundation’s annual awards dinner Feb. 26, in conjunction with CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C.
“The Foundation’s Wegner Awards are widely considered the highest national honors in the credit union movement,’” said Danielle Brown, Foundation director of donor relations and development. “We encourage you to nominate individuals and organizations whose achievements fulfill the mission of promoting financial freedom for people everywhere.”
Nominations for the following awards must be made by July 28:
- The Outstanding Individual Achievement Award, honoring an individual who is dedicated to promoting the credit union philosophy, has created innovative concepts, and has provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, regional, national, and/or international credit union movement. Nominations for individuals who are no longer active in the credit union movement must be made within five years of death or retirement; and
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award, honoring an organization, program or business for its innovative concepts, products and services that have had a significant impact on the local, national or international credit union movement.
More than one individual and organization may be selected to receive each award.
To submit a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner awards nomination form on the Foundation’s website;
- Gather at least five letters of recommendation that cite examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria; and
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to the Foundation by July 28.