CUNA, FS-ISAC to host data breach webinar
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Vicki Christner – CUNA Communications; 202-329-9950; email@example.com
Washington, DC (September 19, 2017) – In the wake of the Equifax data breach, CUNA will join CUNA Mutual and the Financial Services Information Sharing Center (FS-ISAC) for a webinar Thursday on mitigating fraud risk. Registration is now available for the webinar, which is open to CUNA and CUNA Mutual Group members only and is scheduled for 1 p.m. (ET) Thursday.
Equifax announced a breach earlier this month that impacts 143 million American consumers, with an additional 209,000 credit card numbers also being stolen.
The webinar will address:
- A background of recent events;
- A briefing on how stolen credentials can be re-used on the dark web;
- Ways to proactively change fraud strategy after a large data breach;
- Best practices in fraud monitoring/detection and identity theft;
- A look at the next steps for the financial sector; and
- Questions and answers with presenters.
CUNA continues to monitor ways credit unions may have been affected by the Equifax breach. CUNA President/CEO Jim Nussle has called on Equifax to share additional information about the breach and affected parties, and requested a briefing from the company itself.