CUNA Lending Council announces awards, exec committee
CUNA Lending Council presented its 2017-2018 executive committee and the 2017 CUNA Lending Council Award winners at its 2017 CUNA Lending Council Conference, Nov. 12-15, in Nashville, Tenn.
The Rising Star Award honoring emerging talent in the lending field was presented to Gregg Edwards, lending manager, MarketUSA FCU, Laurel, Md.
The Phil Greer Lifetime Achievement Award, showcasing individuals who exemplify leadership, passion and commitment was presented to Rex Johnson, founder/chairman, Lending Solutions Consulting.
The Top Contributor Award, recognizing value and expertise shared with peers through collaboration within the councils community was presented to Scott Baker, vice president, lending, Priority CU, Orlando, Fla. and Ellen Yacovone, senior vice president, lending and collections, Tucson (Ariz.).
The 2017-18 Executive Committee includes:
- Robert Stowell, chair, senior vice president/chief lending officer, Firefly CU, Burnsville, Minn.;
- Michael London, vice chair, senior vice president, lending, Georgia United CU, Duluth, Ga.;
- Jim Block, second vice chair, senior vice president/chief lending officer, Baxter CU, Vernon Hills, Ill.;
- Gregg Edwards, young professionals liaison, consumer lending manager, Market USA FCU, Laurel, Md.;
- Rita Fillingane, vice president, research and collaboration, California and Nevada Credit Union League;
- Kevin Kesecker, senior vice president/chief lending officer, SECU, Linthicum, Md.;
- Ray Lindley, senior vice president, lending, Elevations CU, Boulder, Colo.;
- Faye Nabhani, senior vice president/chief credit officer, SAFE CU, Folsom, Calif.;
- Sandi Papenfuhs, senior vice president, consumer lending, First Tech FCU, Mountain View, Calif.;
- Jon Paukovich, senior vice president/chief lending offiicer, Ent CU, Colorado Springs, Colo.;
- Dan Picard, consumer lending manager, City of Boston CU;
- Steve Quigley, senior vice president, retail, University of Iowa Community CU, North Liberty, Iowa;
- Dona Svehla, senior vice president/chief lending officer, GTE Financial CU, Tampa, Fla.; and
- Stephanie Zuleger, vice president/chief lending officer, Y-12 FCU, Oak Ridge, Tenn.
The CUNA Lending Council 2017-18 Executive Committee, from left, front row: Jim Block, Bob Stowell, and Mike London. Middle row: Stephanie Zuleger, Sandi Papenfuhs, Dan Picard, Faye Nabhani, and Rita Fillingane. Back row: Kevin Kesecker, Dona Svehla, Ray Lindley, Jon Paukovich and Steve Quigley.
Also announced at the CUNA Lending Council Conference were the 2017 CUNA Lending Council Award recipients, all of whom demonstrated outstanding work in credit union lending and exceptional service to the CUNA Lending Council.
Six credit unions were honored with an Excellence in Lending Award, recognizing credit unions that achieve outstanding lending results. The full list of Excellence in Lending Award winners include:
- VyStar CU, Jacksonville, Fla. won in the business lending category, assets $250 million or more;
- CityMark FCU, Wilkes Barre, Pa. won in the consumer lending category, assets less than $250 million;
- Y-12 FCU won in the consumer lending category assets $250 million or more;
- Fitzsimons CU, Aurora, Colo. won in the low to modest means lending category, assets less than $250 million;
- CASE CU, Lansing, Mich. won in the low to modest means lending category, assets $250 million or more;
- Pima FCU, Tucson, Ariz. won in the mortgage lending category assets $250 million or more.
2017 CUNA Lending Council Award recipients, from left, front row: Nina Myers, representing Fitzsimons CU; Emily Gibson, Y-12 FCU; Rex Johnson, Lending Solutions Consulting; Brett Pacek, CASE CU; and Joseph Nowland, VyStar CU. Back row, from left: Adam Stewart, Pima FCU; Nick Jones, CityMark FCU; and Gregg Edwards, MarketUSA FCU.