AACUL elects directors, honors members at winter conference
A large gathering of league presidents, league service corporation and association executives, league chairs, government and political affairs professionals, CUNA executive committee members and system partners attended the American Association of Credit Union League’s (AACUL) winter conference and annual meeting in New Orleans Nov. 14-17.
The week included numerous committee and board meetings as well as tailored discussion sessions for the groups in attendance. Some of the areas covered included federal and state advocacy plans, collaboration for enhancing consumer awareness of credit unions, best practices sharing, association health plan opportunities, and business model innovation.
Anne Cochran, president/CEO of the Louisiana Credit Union League and John Radebaugh, president/CEO of the Carolinas Credit Union League, are retiring in 2018 and were recognized during a dinner held in their honor.
Mark Cummins, president/CEO of the Minnesota Credit Union Network was recognized for his service as AACUL Chairman over the last two years.
Tracie Kenyon, president/CEO of the Montana Credit Union Network and John Bratsakis, president/CEO of the Maryland/D.C. Credit Union Association were recognized for their service on the AACUL Board.
AACUL members elected the following to serve on the AACUL Board for the coming year:
- Scott Simpson, president/CEO of the Utah Credit Union Association, chair;
- Diana Dykstra, president/CEO of the California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues, vice chair;
- Patrick Conway, president/CEO of the Pennsylvania Credit Union Association, secretary treasurer;
- Jill Nowacki, president/CEO of The Credit Union League of Connecticut; and
- Jeff Olson, president/CEO of the Credit Union Association of the Dakotas.
Other ex-officio members of the AACUL board include Cummins, (Immediate Past Chair); Jim Nussle, president/CEO of CUNA; and Brad Miller, executive director of AACUL.