S. 2155 talks continue, CUNA-backed bills on House floor
CUNA continues its engagement in support of the Senate’s bipartisan regulatory relief bill, S. 2155, and two CUNA-backed regulatory relief bills are expected to see House floor consideration this week.
The House is expected to consider both the Taking Account of Institutions with Low Operation Risk (TAILOR) Act of 2017 (H.R. 1116) and the Financial Examination Fairness and Reform Act (H.R. 4545).
H.R. 1116 would require financial regulators to take risk into account when promulgating regulations. H.R. 4545 would provide for an independent appeals process at the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council.
Both bills are consistent with CUNA’s bipartisan, pro-consumer Campaign for Common-Sense Regulation.
Hearings CUNA is engaged with this week include:
- Monday 10 a.m. (ET): House Small Business Committee hearing, “Disparities in Access to Capital: What the Federal Government Is Doing to Increase Support for Minority Owned Firms;”
- Wednesday 11 a.m. (ET): House Small Business Committee markup of legislation to amend the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act;
- Wednesday 10 a.m. (ET): House Ways and Means subcommittee on tax policy hearing, “Post Tax Reform Evaluation of Recently Expired Tax Provisions;”
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. (ET): House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform hearing, "Shining Light on the Federal Regulatory Process;"
- Wednesday 10 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services Committee hearing, “Examining the Cryptocurrencies and ICO Markets;” and
- Thursday 2 p.m. (ET): House Financial Services Committee hearing, “After the Breach: the Monetization and Illicit Use of Stolen Data.”