CUNA announces new CUNA & League Compliance Communities
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lauren Williams – CUNA Communications; (202) 626-7642; email@example.com
Tracy Travis – CUNA Marketing; (608) 231-4219; firstname.lastname@example.org
MADISON, Wis., and WASHINGTON (May 23, 2018) – Support and information on state and federal regulations is now available in one central hub.
After successful beta testing, three leagues have joined CUNA for the inaugural launch of CUNA & League Compliance Communities. These new communities, an extension of the CUNA Compliance Community, will provide an online hub for compliance professionals to connect, work together, share resources and become better informed about state-level credit union regulations.
Leagues joining CUNA in releasing these new CUNA & League Compliance Communities are:
- Mountain West Credit Union Association
- Northwest Credit Union Association
- Credit Union Association of The Dakotas
“The community is a great resource for our credit unions. They are able to network with their compliance peers and get answers to state regulatory and operational questions,” said Julie Kappenman, director of association compliance services, Mountain West Credit Union Association. “It is also a great way to update our credit unions with what is happening in our league and within states. The community is easy to use and CUNA staff has been great to work with and very responsive.”
The communities provide many resources for compliance professionals, including:
- Blog – statewide compliance experts can provide you with knowledge regarding common credit union issues and state level interpretations of regulations
- Discussion board – for state level networking & collaboration
- Document library – for members and leagues to share policies, best practices and more
- Events – the leagues can post their events that members can download directly to their outlook calendars
- Multistate access – multistate credit unions can take advantage of the communities related to all the states they serve
Access to additional states will grow as more league compliance communities are built over the next few months.
To learn more about these CUNA & League Compliance Communities, email Jackie Ekdahl at email@example.com.
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America’s credit unions, which are owned by 110 million consumer members. CUNA, along with its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, delivers unwavering advocacy, continuous professional growth and operational confidence to protect the best interests of all credit unions. For more information about CUNA, visit cuna.org.