Additional nomination received for CUNA board special election
CUNA has verified an additional nomination for the special election to fill the vacancy on its Board for the District 3, Class A position, from: Rhonda Hotard, president/CEO, Louisiana FCU, Laplace, La.
She joins previous nominees:
- Ronaldo Hardy, President/CEO, Southwest Louisiana CU, Lake Charles, La;
- Paul Hughes, President, Greenville FCU, Greenville, S.C.; and
- Michelle Jinks, President/CEO, Access of Louisiana FCU, Sulphur, La.;
- Patrick J. Mason, President/CEO of SUN CU, Hollywood, Fla.;
- Joshua W. Poole, President/CEO, BRECO FCU, Baton Rouge, La.; and
- Ron Smith, President/CEO/Chief security officer, Enbright CU, Nashville, Tenn.
The CUNA Board voted to hold a special election when the seat became vacant in early June. The position will expire at the adjournment of the Annual General Meeting in 2021.
To become an eligible candidate for this CUNA Director position to be elected, an individual must be an employee or voting board member of a credit union in District 3, Class A. The nomination must be in writing and must be seconded in writing by two other credit unions in the same district and class. Class A credit unions are those having not more than 38,000 natural person members, as of June 30, 2017. District 3 is comprised of the following: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Nominations are accepted through 5 p.m. ET Friday, July 13 and are accepted by mail or e-mail. Ballots for the contested election will be sent to eligible members on July 18, with voting continuing through August 23. Results will be announced Aug. 24.
To access additional information, including nomination and seconding forms, click here. Questions regarding this special election can be addressed to CUNA’s Corporate Secretary by calling 800/356-9655, ext. 4013 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com.