CUNA staff talk reg. relief, policymakers, look to 2019
CUNA leadership, including President/CEO Jim Nussle, Chief Advocacy Officer Ryan Donovan, Chief Marketing and Digital Officer Amy Nigrelli and Chief Transformation Officer Mollie Bell sat down with CUBroadcast over the course of this year’s America’s Credit Union Conference (ACUC). Topics discussed included CUNA’s awareness campaign, regulatory relief and more.
Donovan talked about the next steps for regulatory relief under the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief and Consumer Protection Act (S. 2155), Americans with Disabilities Act lawsuits, among other topics.
Nigrelli highlighted CUNA's upcoming educational offerings this fall for credit unions looking for a leg up heading into 2019.
Bell discussed her conference presentation about leadership, specifically ways to discover how authentic leadership enables effective leadership.
Other CUNA staff that appeared on the program at ACUC include:
- Vice President of Strategic Credit Union Relations Jessica Hrubes talked about the CUNA engagement team and its work to meet credit union needs.
- Senior Director of Strategy and Enablement Catie Shannon, who shared CUNA's enhanced processes and governance practices designed to boost efforts serving credit unions' needs on Capitol Hill and nationwide;
- Vice President of Blended Learning Marlo Foltz discussed the science behind ACUC’s curriculum and experience, and how they plan each year is planned based on attendee feedback;
- Associate Manager of Small Credit Unions Tom Sakash talked about CUNA programs for small credit unions and the importance of community involvement for small credit unions; and
- Vice President of CUNA Councils David Rohn, who discussed the 25th anniversary of the CUNA Councils and what's in store for the Council conferences over the next few years.