New CUNA CEO Council White Paper: Leadership During a Crisis
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lauren Williams – CUNA Communications; (202) 626-7642; firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie Sherry – CUNA Councils; (608) 231-4141; email@example.com
Madison, WI (August 10, 2018) – The CUNA CEO Council has published a new white paper, “Leadership During a Crisis”.
It’s a skillset you hope you never have to use: leading during a major crisis. Crises can take many potentially devastating forms—from major weather events, to terrorist attacks, robberies, staff deaths, cyberattacks and breaches, and more.
In recent years, credit unions have sustained widespread damage due to catastrophic hurricanes, floods, fires, unrest, and technological crises. These crises have had major impacts on the credit unions, their members, their staff, and volunteers.
This white paper from the CEO Council examines leadership during a crisis and addresses:
- Developing leadership characteristics to demonstrate during and after crises (examples in action and advice for honing those characteristics);
- Setting the tone (the CEO and the credit union) for how to actively help people affected by crises, and how to model a humanitarian response;
- Practicing the art of responding vs. simply reacting;
- Implementing a nimble, active, solutions-oriented response—enabled through prior planning and rehearsal;
- Taking care of the emotional needs of staff, members, and others;
- Dealing with complications when staff are also victims; and
- Examining how leading through a crisis demonstrates proof of purpose.
Press may contact Natalie Sherry at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About CUNA Councils:
CUNA Councils are a member-led, collaborative community of credit union leaders providing vibrant peer interaction, new ideas and innovation to foster professional development for our members while advocating for the overall success of the credit union movement. The CUNA Lending, Marketing & Business Development, and Operations & Member Experience Councils are among seven CUNA Councils, a network of more than 7,000 credit union professionals. For more information, visit cunacouncils.org.