Credit unions support candidates in August 28 primary election
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Lauren Williams – CUNA Communications; (202) 626-7642; firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC (August 28, 2018) – Primary elections continue today in Arizona and Florida with voters also casting their ballots in the Oklahoma runoff. Credit Union National Association (CUNA), League partners and the Credit Union Legislative Action Council (CULAC), are supporting several candidates in these races.
Credit unions are standing behind Oklahoma businessman Kevin Hern (R) in the runoff election to replace Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R), who was recently appointed administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. Hern received 23% of the vote in a June primary election loss to Tulsa County District Attorney Tim Harris who received 28% of the vote. Hern and Harris will face off again Tuesday for the Republican nomination to fill the open seat.
CUNA is supporting a number of candidates throughout the Florida districts such as:
- Incumbent Rep. Al Lawson (D) in a competitive Democratic primary against Jacksonville Mayor Alvin Brown;
- Incumbent Rep. Stephanie Murphy (D) in her race against Chardo Richardson;
- Incumbent Rep. Darren Soto (D) in the Democratic primary against former Rep. Alan Grayson;
- State Rep. Ross Spano (R) is being supported by CULAC and the League of Southeastern Credit Unions in a three-way Republican primary to fill the seat of retiring Rep. Dennis Ross (R); and
- State Sen. Greg Steube (R) in the Republican primary to replace retiring Rep. Tom Rooney (R).
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America’s credit unions, which are owned by 110 million consumer members. CUNA, along with its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, delivers unwavering advocacy, continuous professional growth and operational confidence to protect the best interests of all credit unions. For more information about CUNA, visit cuna.org.