Award winners recognized at CUNA Technology Council and CUNA Operations & Member Experience Council Conferences
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MADISON, Wis., and WASHINGTON (September 24, 2018) – Both the CUNA Technology Council and CUNA Operations & Member Experience Council presented awards recognizing credit union professionals that demonstrate exceptional performance in their respective fields at this year’s CUNA Technology Council and CUNA Operations & Member Experience Council Conferences.
The Excellence in Technology Awards recognize credit union technology professionals who have shown outstanding commitment and innovation in their field. This year’s winners included:
- Best of Show: BCU in Vernon Hills, IL, for their “Automation in Action” entry (assets > $500 Million)
- Point Breeze CU in Hunt Valley, MD, for their “Web Isolation” entry (assets > $500 Million)
- Alliant CU in Chicago, IL, for their Consumer Lending Platform entry (assets > $500 Million)
- Open Technology Solutions (OTS) in Centennial, CO, in collaboration with Bellco CU, Bethpage FCU, State Employees CU of Maryland and Shared Service Solutions (S3) for their “Migration Tools and Process” entry (assets > $500 Million)
- OCCU in Eugene, OR, for their “CIO Dashboard in ServiceNow” entry (assets > $500 Million)
The Excellence in Operations & Member Experience Awards are likewise awarded to professionals who have facilitated unique, innovative, or otherwise outstanding approaches to member service at their credit unions. This year’s winners included:
- Best of Show: Schools Financial CU in Sacramento, CA, for their “Collaboration + Phenomenal Employees = Awesome Member Experience” entry (assets > $500 Million) in the Sales and Service Management category
- OCCU in Eugene, OR, for the Branch Design category with their “Wilsonville Service Center” entry (assets > $500 Million)
- Baton Rouge Telco FCU in Baton Rouge, LA, won in the Contact Center / E-Support Operations category for their “Redefining the Traditional Call Center” entry (assets $150 Million - $500 Million)
- Delta Community CU in Atlanta, GA, Contact Center / E-Support Operations category for their “Delta Community's Member Care Center” entry (assets > $500 Million)
- Directions CU in Toledo, OH, won in the Miscellaneous category for their “SEAL Teams” entry (assets > $500 Million)
- Service CU in Portsmouth, NH, won in the Sales and Service Management category for their “Communication Equals Success” entry (assets > $500 Million)
The Professional of the Year Award recognizes the individual who exemplifies excellence in all aspects of operations and member experience. This year’s winner:
- Wendie Ellis, AVP Branch and Loan Operations, Numerica CU, Spokane Valley, WA
The Rising Star Award recognizes and honors an emerging operations and member experience professional in the credit union industry. This year’s winner:
- Kathleen Johnson, Sales Operations Specialist, Delta Community CU, Atlanta, GA
The Top Community Contributor Awards recognize the value and expertise shared with peers through collaboration within Councils Community. This year’s winners include:
- CUNA Technology Council winner: Richard Borden, Vice President of IT/ISO, Blackhawk Community CU, Janesville, WI
- CUNA Operations & Member Experience Council winner: Jason Ford, CCUE, Chief Operating Officer, Harvester FCU, Indianapolis, IN
Finally, Vendor Speed Rounds provided fast-paced, high-impact opportunities for exhibiting vendors to showcase and demonstrate their products and services to conference attendees. This year’s Best of Show includes:
- POPio Mobile Video Cloud, www.popio.com
To learn more about the CUNA Technology Council and CUNA Operations & Member Experience Council Awards, visit cunacouncils.org/awards.
Download photos for the credit union award winners here.
# # #
Credit Union National Association (CUNA) is the only national association that advocates on behalf of all of America's credit unions, which are owned by 110 million consumer members. CUNA, along with its network of affiliated state credit union leagues, delivers unwavering advocacy, continuous professional growth and operational confidence to protect the best interests of all credit unions. For more information about CUNA, visit cuna.org.
About CUNA Councils
CUNA Councils is a member-led organization dedicated to connecting passionate people, great ideas, original content and relevant resources to find solutions and inspire achievement through the power of peer collaboration. CUNA Councils serves seven areas of credit unions including CEOs, lending, marketing and business development, finance, human resources and training development, technology and operations, sales and service. For more information, visit cunacouncils.org.