Recording available for first CUNA Awareness Initiative webinar
CUNA member credit unions can access the first webinar on CUNA’s Creating Awareness Initiative for free. CUNA Chief Strategic Communications Officer Douglas Kiker and Graeme Trayner, managing director of the Glover Park Group, used the webinar to discuss the research behind the campaign, as well as an overview of the “Open Your Eyes to a Credit Union” initiative.
The Creating Awareness Initiative, along with CUNA’s Creating Awareness Advisory Group, has a goal to “lead the development on an ongoing sustainable initiative that creates top of mind consumer awareness of and believe in credit unions as the best choice in financial services”
The initiative will develop resources for credit unions, including:
- Exclusive content to connect local efforts to regional and national creative media buys;
- Messaging guide and exclusive ongoing training to align credit union messaging at the national, league and local level with proven, research-tested recommendations;
- Regular research briefings for credit unions on consumer insights regarding financial services and consideration of credit unions to aid in market share development.
Monday’s webinar discusses:
- The research that has informed the ongoing work on the initiative, including thousands of interviews, surveys, online roundtables with credit union leaders, as well as focus groups and surveys with credit members and non-members;
- The primary myths that the initiative will confront, that consumers “can’t join” a credit union, and credit unions are “only local;”
- Information on the national brand platform and other resources; and
- Ways the initiative will measure progress and success.
Additional information on the “Open Your Eyes” initiative can be found at awareness.creditunion, using the password “openyoureyes” to access the messaging guide.
A recording of the webinar is available for free to CUNA members, and will be available shortly. Registration is also open for the remaining two webinars in the series, scheduled for Nov. 14 and Dec. 10.