2018 Maxwell, Herring, Desjardins National Award winners announced
CUNA’s National Awards Committee announced the 2018 recipients of the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Community Service Award, the Louise Herring Philosophy-in-Action Member Service Award, and the Desjardins Awards for Financial Education. The awards, which are given in several credit union asset sizes, were selected among the winning entries at a league level.
“Congratulations to the 2018 CUNA Award winners who provide exceptional member service and exude the credit union philosophy to help better people’s lives. We are proud to honor the recipients for their commitment to their communities,” said CUNA President/CEO Jim Nussle.
The Dora Maxwell Award is presented to credit unions for outstanding social responsibility projects in their communities.
First-place winners for the Dora Maxwell Award include:
- Limestone FCU, Manistique, Mich.;
- Sunwest Educational CU, Pueblo, Colo.;
- East Idaho CU, Idaho Falls, Idaho;
- Georgia United CU, Duluth, Ga.; and
- Indiana Credit Union League & Indiana Credit Unions.
The Louise Herring Award is given to a credit union demonstrating the internal application of credit union philosophy to help better financial matters and increase financial education for its members.
First-place winners for the Louise Herring Award include:
- Los Alamos Schools CU, Los Alamos, N.M.;
- Peoples Advantage FCU, Petersburg, Va.;
- Kirtland FCU, Albuquerque, N.M.; and
- Nusenda CU, Albuquerque, N.M.
The Desjardins Awards honor credit unions, chapters and leagues for their commitment to both youth and adult financial literacy.
First-place winners for the Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award include:
- Delta Schools FCU, Antioch, Calif.;
- CORE FCU, East Syracuse, N.Y.;
- Education CU, Amarillo, Texas; and
- SEFCU, Albany, N.Y.
First-place winners for the Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award include:
- UNO FCU, New Orleans;
- Electro Savings CU, Saint Louis;
- Financial Center First CU, Indianapolis; and
- San Mateo CU, Redwood City, Calif.
The Maine Credit Union League also received a first-place award for their efforts to improve financial literacy for both youth and adults.
Winning credit unions will be recognized at CUNA’s 2019 Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC), March 10- March 14, in Washington, D.C.