AACUL wraps up winter conference, annual meeting
A large gathering of league presidents, league service corporation and association executives, league chairs, government and political affairs professionals, CUNA executive committee members, and system partners attended American Association of Credit Union League's (AACUL) winter conference and annual meeting in Huntington Beach, Calif., Dec. 4-7.
The week included numerous committee and board meetings as well as tailored discussion sessions for the groups in attendance. Some of the areas covered included federal and state advocacy plans, collaboration for enhancing consumer awareness of credit unions, best practices sharing, corporate social responsibility, and diversity and inclusion.
Wendell Lyons, retiring president/CEO of the Kentucky Credit Union League, and Pat Jury, the recently retired president/CEO of the Iowa Credit Union League, were recognized during a dinner held in their honor.
AACUL members reelected the following to serve on the AACUL Board for the coming year:
- Chair, Scott Simpson, president/CEO, Utah Credit Union Association;
- Vice chair, Diana Dykstra, president/CEO, California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues;
- Secretary/Treasurer, Patrick Conway, president/CEO, Pennsylvania Credit Union Association;
- Jill Nowacki, president/CEO, Credit Union League of Connecticut; and
- Jeff Olson, president/CEO, Credit Union Association of the Dakotas.
Other ex-officio members of the AACUL board include:
- Mark Cummins, president/CEO, Minnesota Credit Union Network (Immediate Past Chair);
- Jim Nussle, president/CEO, CUNA; and
- Brad Miller, executive director, AACUL.