CUNA engaged w/ data privacy, CDFI, diversity hearings this week
CUNA will be engaged with a variety of hearings in both chambers of Congress this week, including ones on data privacy and diversity in financial services. The Senate Banking Committee will meet in executive session to vote on NCUA board nominees Rodney Hood and Todd Harper, and nominee for director of the Federal Housing Finance Administration Mark Calabria.
The session is scheduled for Tuesday, starting at 9:30 a.m. (ET).
Other hearings CUNA is engaged with this week include:
- 10 a.m. (ET): Senate Banking Committee hearing, “The Semiannual Monetary Policy Report to the Congress;”
- 10 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services Committee hearing, “Who’s Keeping Score? Holding Credit Bureaus Accountable and Repairing a Broken System;”
- 10 a.m. (ET): House Energy subcommittee on consumer protection and commerce hearing, “Protecting Consumer Privacy in the Era of Big Data;” and
- 10 a.m. (ET): House Appropriations subcommittee on financial services and general government hearing, “Leveraging Private Capital for Underserved Communities and Individuals: A Look Into Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs).
- 10 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services Committee hearing, “Monetary Policy and the State of the Economy;”
- 10 a.m. (ET): Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee hearing, “Policy Principles for a Federal Data Privacy Framework in the United States;”
- 10 a.m. (ET): House Appropriations subcommittee on state, foreign operations and related programs hearing, “Oversight of U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Programs and Policies;” and
- 2 p.m. (ET): House Financial Services subcommittee on diversity and inclusion hearing, “Diversity Trends in the Financial Services Industry.”
In addition, the Senate Banking Committee will conduct a hearing Thursday at 10 a.m. (ET) titled Legislative Proposals on Capital Formation and Corporate Governance.”