CUNA engaged w/ Kraninger Senate testimony, flood hearing
With more than 5,000 credit union leaders in Washington, D.C. for CUNA’s Governmental Affairs Conference this week, CUNA will remain fully engaged with hearings in both chambers of Congress this week. This includes a potential partial release of the president’s fiscal year 2020 budget outline.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Kathy Kraninger is scheduled to make her second appearance before Congress this week, in front of the Senate Banking Committee Tuesday. Kraninger appeared last week before the House Financial Services Committee, and CUNA submitted a letter for the record of that hearing.
The hearing is scheduled to being Tuesday at 10 a.m. (ET), and will be streamed live on the committee’ website.
Other hearings CUNA is engaged with this week include:
- Tuesday 10 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services Committee hearing, “Holding Megabanks Accountable: An Examination of Well Fargo’s Pattern of Consumer Abuses;”
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services Committee hearing , “Preparing for the Storm: Reauthorization of the National Flood Insurance Program;”
- Wednesday, 2 p.m. (ET): House Financial Services Subcommittee on national security, international development and monetary policy hearing, “Promoting Corporate Transparency: Examining Legislative Proposals to Detect and Deter Financial Crime;”
- Thursday, 9 a.m. (ET): House Ways and Means Committee hearing, “The President’s Fiscal Year 2020 Budget Proposal with U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin;”
- Thursday, 10:15 a.m. (ET): Senate Finance Committee hearing, “The President’s Fiscal Year 2020 Budget.”