Youth Month celebrates the future
Credit unions encourage children to “Picture it! Save for it! Share it!”
April is Credit Union Youth Month, and credit unions are encouraging their young members to build a bright financial future celebrating the theme “The Future is Yours… Picture it! Save for it! Share it!”
This theme encourages young members to look forward to their futures, picture their goals, and learn how to save money to chase their dreams.
Among the ways credit unions are celebrating Credit Union Youth Month:
• Redwood Credit Union, Santa Rosa, Calif., invited its Jr. Rangers (Redwood members ages 12 and under) to participate in a coloring contest that features Reddy the Redwood picturing his future: a brand-new bike.
One winner from each branch will receive $100. Jr. Ranger members who open a new Redwood savings account or deposit $100 into an existing savings account during April will receive a Reddy drawstring bag with a water bottle.
Jr. Partners (members ages 13-17) are invited to show how they picture their futures by submitting a photo, drawing, painting, or collage. One winner will receive $250. Jr. Partners who open a new Redwood savings account or deposit $100 into an existing savings account during April will receive a green notebook with a pen.
• American Heritage Credit Union hosted its Raising Money Savvy Kids event at its Philadelphia headquarters. At the event, both parents and children learned how to get kids interested in money, setting goals, and making saving a habit.The children who attended also created their own savings jars.
See more examples of credit unions sharing their experiences on social media.
American Heritage has a strong commitment to helping children in surrounding communities gain important financial literacy skills through workshops, in-branch teller interactions, and customized youth accounts.
• Telhio Credit Union in Columbus, Ohio, is celebrating Credit Union Youth Month with a special savings match program for youth accounts. Children are invited to take a photo at the credit union’s “Dream banner,” and each branch will have fun, engaging activities and giveaways that underscore the importance of saving.
Parents are also encouraged to open a youth savings account during April to prepare for their child’s future. During Credit Union Youth Month, Telhio will match youth account deposits up to $25.
• Archer Credit Union, Central City, Neb., hosted a kick-off party featuring the movie Back to the Future.
• Royal Credit Union, Eau Claire, Wis., is depositing $5 into savings accounts opened for children 12 and under during April.
NEXT: See more examples of credit unions sharing their experiences on social media.
Credit unions are also sharing their experiences on social media:
April is #YouthMonth! Visit 365 N. Third St. or 3905 E. Grand Ave to open your child or grandchild's Youth Account and they will be entered to WIN $500. Contest ends April 30. Visit https://t.co/4pfyRQ0fCC. pic.twitter.com/bstagW9rB5— Laramie Plains (@lpfcu) April 18, 2019
As children get older, it's important to teach good saving habits. As a Super Saver, kids are rewarded for saving money by receiving Junior Owner Dollars that they're able to spend in our Super Saver Store!#FinancialEducation #YouthMonth pic.twitter.com/09T8aLZPC4— UT Federal Credit Union (@UTFCU) April 18, 2019
NuMark is having a great time at the Boardwalk to Better Health Fair at Ultimate Skills Sports Training Center in Tinley Park. Come out before 2pm to learn about finances, health and much more! #finances #health #creditunion #youthmonth pic.twitter.com/sGk4hgVcUS— NuMark Credit Union (@NuMarkCU) April 13, 2019
Now is the perfect time to cash in those Dollar Dog tokens! Redeem your Dollar Dog tokens now through the end of the month and we will double your Dollar Dog token value! Plus stop by a branch today to enter your child in our $10 drawing #CashIn #DollarDogKids #YouthMonth pic.twitter.com/nUA5RxwI0R— VLFCU (@VacationLandFCU) April 18, 2019
We’re celebrating National #CreditUnion #YouthMonth by adding $25 to new youth memberships opened now through April 30! Learn how to make their savings pop, today! https://t.co/dGpEr63fMj pic.twitter.com/VAdNhJptRF— Carolinas Telco FCU (@ctelco) April 14, 2019
That’s right! It’s National Credit Union Youth Month!— Fitzsimons CU (@FitzsimonsCU) April 16, 2019
Visit our website for more information.https://t.co/Ewa59Lsqz9#CUYOUTHMONTH #COLORADOPARENT #FitzsimonsCU #YouthMonth #FitzFam #Saveforthefuture #PictureTheFuture #TheFutureIsYours #LikeABankButBetter pic.twitter.com/xB5aA8zoyP