CUNA engaged w/ NFIP extension, NCUA testimony this week
CUNA will be engaged with a number of Congressional activities this week, including House consideration of a bill extending the National Flood Insurance Program and testimony from NCUA Chairman Rodney Hood. The House is expected to consider the National Flood Insurance Program Extension Act of 2019 (H.R. 2578).
The bill would extend the authority of the NFIP from May 31 to Sept. 30. Credit unions have a vested interest in the stability of the NFIP, and CUNA supports a long-term solution from Congress that would enhance its affordability and sustainability.
Hood is expected to testify before the Senate Banking Committee Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. (ET) as part of a panel of federal financial regulators.
Other hearings CUNA is engaged with this week include:
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. (ET): House Energy and Commerce subcommittee on communications and technology hearing, “Accountability and Oversight of the Federal Communications Commission;”
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. (ET): Senate Appropriations subcommittee on financial services and general government hearing: “Review of the FY2020 Budget Request for the Department of Treasury;”
- Thursday, 10 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services Committee hearing, “Oversight of Prudential Regulators: Ensuring the Safety, Soundness and Accountability of Megabanks and Other Depository Institutions;”
- Thursday, 10 a.m. (ET): House Judiciary Committee subcommittee on antitrust, commercial, and administrative law hearing: “Justice Denied: Forced Arbitration and the Erosion of our Legal System;” AND
- Thursday, 2 p.m. (ET): House Oversight and Reform subcommittee on economic and consumer policy hearing: “CFPB's Role in Empowering Predatory Lenders: Examining the Proposed Repeal of the Payday Lending Rule.”