CUNA engaged w/ NFIP negotiations, hearings this week
CUNA will be engaged with activities and meetings on both sides of Capitol Hill this week as Congress finishes work before next week’s Memorial Day recess.
The House and Senate are expected to continue negotiations this week on extending funding for the National Flood Insurance Program, which is currently set to expire May 31. CUNA supports long-term authorization of the NFIP, as many credit unions have a stake in its ongoing stability.
Other hearings CUNA is engaged with this week include:
- Tuesday, 10 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services Committee hearing, “Housing in America: Oversight of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development;”
- Tuesday, 10 a.m. (ET): Senate Banking Committee hearing, “Combating Illicit Financing by Anonymous Shell Companies Through the Collection of Beneficial Ownership Information;”
- Tuesday, 10 a.m. (ET): Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, “Understanding the Digital Advertising Ecosystem and the Impact of Data Privacy and Competition Policy;”
- Tuesday, 2 p.m. (ET): House Homeland Security subcommittee on cybersecurity, infrastructure protection and innovation hearing, “Growing and Diversifying the Cyber Talent Pipeline;”
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. (ET): House Financial Services Committee will hear the second part of testimony from Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on the state of the international finance system; and
- Wednesday, 2 p.m. (ET): House Oversight and Reform subcommittee on economic and consumer privacy hearing, “Examining For-Profit College Oversight and Student Debt.”