NCUA schedules flood insurance webinar for June 18
Online registration is open for a June 18 webinar discussing updates to the flood insurance rule. NCUA, along with four other federal financial regulators, will host the webinar, scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. (ET) June 18.
Participants will be able to log into the webinar and view it on mobile devices using the registration link.
Staff from the NCUA, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, the Farm Credit Administration, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency will cover topics including:
- Mandatory acceptance of private flood insurance,
- Mandatory acceptance compliance aid,
- Discretionary acceptance of private flood insurance,
- Flood coverage provided by mutual aid societies, and
- Recommended preparations for compliance with the new rule.
A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation. Participants also may submit questions in advance at email@example.com. Credit unions may wish to review the NCUA’s online flood insurance resources.